Employee Town Hall available on-demand and in segments
Hosted by Natasha Jones, Director of Customer Service, the Employee Town Hall featured King County Executive Dow Constantine, Budget Director Dwight Dively, and Matias Valenzuela, Director of the Office of Equity and Social Justice, in a discussion on the 2017/18 budget forecast and its implications for employees and our priorities.
- Employee Town Hall (complete with captions – 59’26”)
- Read more to see all the segments available to watch
- Employee engagement and budget overview – Executive Constantine (6’18”)
- Why are we facing a challenging budget? Dwight Dively, Budget Director (5’47”)
- Achieving our priorities in a challenging budget – Executive Constantine (5’57”)
- Advancing Equity and Social Justice in the community and at work – Matias Valenzuela, Director, Office of Equity and Social Justice (7’56”)
- How can employees have an impact on our budget? Executive Constantine (6’08”)
- 2017/18 Budget next steps – Dwight Dively, Budget Director (2’17)
- Question and Answer – All panelists (22’22”)
Additionally, a Bright Ideas interview with Robert Tovar, Acting Senior Manager of King County’s Wastewater Treatment Division (WTD) was also shown. This video highlighted how WTD is empowering employees to find better ways of doing their work, saving time and money and delivering more value to customers.
The Employee Town Hall is a County-sponsored event and King County directors, managers, and supervisors are encouraged to permit employees to participate, if possible.