Free admission: King County Employee Day at the races Sunday, July 21
Employees must show their King County ID at any of the 12 gates, which will provide the employee and one guest tickets that include free admission, official program and tip sheet, and chips and soda. Children 17 and under get in free.
In addition to this year’s King County Express Stakes, there will be the Mt. Rainier Stakes – the final prep race for the richest race of the season, The Longacres Mile.
- 12:30 p.m. Newcomers Center open
- 1 p.m. First race
- 6:30 p.m. Approximate conclusion
Parking: Free general parking with shuttle service to the building | Valet $15 | Preferred Parking $10
Seating: There are plenty of seats, umbrella tables and benches available on a first-come, first-served basis
- Grandstand seats $2.50
- Box seats (with cocktail and limited menu service) $40 for a 4-seat box; and $60 for a 6-seat box
- Restaurant reservations (full service restaurant with your table reserved for you through the race day)
- Paid seating options. Please call customer service at 253-288-7711
Fiesta Premio Esmeralda
One of our largest attended days, this year’s 13th annual Fiesta Premio Esmeralda includes dancing horse demonstrations (first show is before the first race on the track in front of the grandstand), Hispanic dancers, and Mariachi Band. Food and product vendors are in the Paddock Park along with fun activities for the kids. Learn more about the Fiesta Premio Esmeralda on their Facebook page.
For more information, visit the Emerald Downs site.