Navigators are available to help you understand the complexities of your robust King County employee benefits and learn everything you need to know about preparing for retirement.
The Benefits Navigator and the Retirement Navigator are part of the Department of Human Resources’ Benefits, Payroll, and Retirement Operations Section and they are available year-round to talk with you about your benefit and retirement-related questions and concerns.
Benefits Navigator Matt Munson: Matt.Munson@kingcounty.gov
Talk with Matt to learn more about:
- Employee benefit choices
- New employee benefit education sessions
- Selecting a medical plan that fits your family’s needs
- Understanding how your benefits work
- Changing your benefits outside of the normal enrollment periods
- Benefit Access Fees, deductibles, FSAs, and more
Matt hosts Benefits Information and Q&A sessions for newly-hired employees, but all are welcome to attend to get more information about employee benefits. Please email Matt for more information and to register. Future classes and sessions forthcoming—stay tuned!
Retirement Navigator Carmen Johnson: Carmen.Johnson@kingcounty.gov
Talk with Carmen to learn more about:
- Planning for retirement and eligibility
- Your Washington State Department of Retirement Systems (DRS) pension
- Medicare, COBRA, and Medicare Advantage plans available to King County retirees
- Social Security
- The Deferred Compensation Plan and purchasing service credits
- Retirement forms, procedures and more
Carmen also leads a variety of classes that focus on the retirement process. Learn more and register using the links below:
Road to Retirement (R2R) – Everything you need to know to retire from King County
Medicare 101 – The basics of Medicare and information about the Medicare Advantage Plans offered by Regence and Kaiser Permanente
Your PERS Pension – Information about your pension through the DRS Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS)
Introduction to Social Security– The basics of Social Security and retirement
Please feel free to reach out to Matt Munson or Carmen Johnson with your benefits and retirement questions—they are always happy to help!