King County employees are impacted by severe weather events and other regional emergencies. To make sure each person is getting the latest information that impacts their work and home life, we recommend these useful resources:
- 206-205-8600: The Employee Hotline, which employees are encouraged to save into their phones.
- Announcements through King County email, which employees will receive in real time.
- The Emergency Information for Employees site which has common FAQs.
- Employees are encouraged to contact their immediate supervisor.
- Information is also available:
Employees can also view the most recent emergency notifications below:
- Be prepared for an earthquake (7/12/2019)
- “Snow” getting around it: this storm is one for the record books (2/14/2019)
- Most County operations returning to normal Wednesday (2/12/2019)
- Planning for evening commute today and operations tomorrow (2/12/2019)
- UPDATE: District Court, most Superior Court and PAO operations closed today, normal operations for most Executive branch operations, other agencies on delayed opening (2/11/2019)
- Superior Court, District Court, Elections, Assessments, PAO, Council closed, most Executive branch operations open Monday, Feb. 11 (2/10/2019)
- Non-mission critical King County functions for Executive branch closing 2 p.m. Friday, Feb. 8 (2/8/2019)
- Be prepared for possible snow Friday afternoon, impacts to evening commute (2/7/2019)
- KCInform alert system reaches employees in emergencies (2/6/2019)
- Normal business operations Wednesday, Feb. 6 (2/5/2019)