2019 Balanced You Worksite Fund recipients announced
The Balanced You Worksite Fund is a competitive process brought to you by King County’s Department of Human Resources. The purpose of the Worksite Fund is to empower employees to make creative improvements to improve the health and well-being at their worksites.
Today, Balanced You released the list of 2019 Worksite Fund recipients. This year, King County received over 150 applications and is investing over $100,000 in 44 projects reaching employees across the county.
Projects are funded in a range of categories, including mental health. Mental health is an important part of overall health and well-being.
It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make healthy choices. Mental health can be improved by Worksite Fund projects that focus on physical activity, nutrition, and social connection. Examples of projects funded this year to directly improve the mental health of King County employees include:
- Wellness rooms at offices across the county
- A Peacemaking Circle Introductory Workshop at the Department of Natural Resources and Parks
- A First Responders’ Mental Health and Wellness Conference hosted by King County Sherriff’s Office
- Reflective supervision training at the Department of Public Health
- Therapy dogs for clients and staff at the Prosecuting Attorney’s Office
- An arts- and story-telling focused cultural-competency training at the Department of Human Resources
While the Worksite Fund opportunity is now closed for 2019, Balanced You supports employees’ mental and physical health in many ways throughout the year. Contact Balanced You to learn more.