Be safe, plan your trip
Check out the latest safety video with suggestions on how to be safe when walking to and from your workplace or other destinations. A few of the top tips:
- Wear clothing and shoes that are comfortable, low profile and appropriate for the weather.
- Don’t carry too much. Overloading yourself can make you appear vulnerable.
- If you must carry a purse, carry it close to you.
- Never carry a wallet in your back pocket.
- Avoid walking alone. Walk or travel with a friend.
- In the downtown core, consider asking Facilities Management Division Security at 206-296-5000 for an escort, particularly during hours of darkness.
For more information, visit the Safety at work webpage.