Supporting Disability Awareness Month through Annual Giving Drive
Each year King County employees help hundreds of nonprofit organizations do vital work in our community and around the world by donating to the Annual Giving Drive, and this year’s Giving Drive is now underway.
The start of this year’s Giving Drive coincides with Disability Awareness Month, which King County celebrates each October. The following are four participating nonprofits whose work helps people with disabilities in our community (click and scroll down for details):
- The Arc of King County (9233) – Serving individuals and families with intellectual and developmental disabilities through case management, peer support, leadership training, and advocacy.
- Alpha Supported Living Service (9033) – Providing 24/7 support for people with developmental and intellectual disabilities to reach their full potential as individuals and community members.
- Provail (9870) – Supporting people with disabilities to fulfill their life choices in the Greater Seattle area.
- Tahoma Hills (9427) Supported Living provider for adults with multiple disabilities & challenges.
- Payroll Donation: One-time, once–per-month, or twice–per-month.
- Time Donation: Eligible vacation or comp time. See your department Lead Ambassador for details in your office.
- Check: Made out directly to the nonprofit.
Visit an upcoming Nonprofit Expo Roadshow event:
- Thursday, October 12 from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Chinook Building in Seattle
- Wednesday, October 18 from 8 to 9 a.m. at DPER in Snoqualmie