Tech Tip: Staying ahead of scams, spam, and phishing emails
Here’s what to look for when you receive an email you aren’t sure about:
- King County and KCIT use the King County logo and/or the “Service Alert” visual in all communication.
- Do not ever click on a link inside a suspicious email. If you need to change your password in any system, go directly to the website or system instead of clicking on a link in an Email.
- If the email seems odd, look for spelling errors and sentences that just don’t sound right.
- Hover over a link in your browser to uncover the real destination, regardless of what the text in the Email says it is.
- If you aren’t sure, don’t click. Contact the HelpDesk at 206.263.HELP or email@example.com.