Bloodworks Northwest is holding an Apheresis and Whole Blood Drive, Friday, May 11
On Friday, May 11 Bloodworks Northwest is hosting a blood and apheresis drive on the first floor of the Chinook Building, Room 123. The blood drive is from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., closed between 11 to 11:45 a.m.
To make an appointment, click here. For questions on eligibility, call 1-800-398-7888.
You can also sign up for Apheresis:
Click here to make an appointment for platelets or call 1-800-398-7888 for plasma.
- To schedule a Platelet donation appointment online via same link above, select Plateletpheresis for a Platelet donation from the Donation Type drop down (default says Whole Blood).
- To schedule a Plasma donation appointment call 1-800-398-7888. Only AB+ and AB- donors can donate plasma.
- Appointments available at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- NO aspirin or aspirin containing products for 48 hours prior to donating platelets.
Here are some simple guidelines that will help you identify the best apheresis donation for your blood type.
- Platelets (O+, A+, B+): Platelets are essential from donors with these blood types and are often used to help cancer patients. They only last for 5 days! The process takes about 2 hours.
- Plasma (AB+, AB-): AB types are the universal donors for plasma, which is often used to treat burn victims and others with serious trauma injuries. The process takes about 1 and a half hours. Only AB+, AB- can donate plasma. Please call 1-800-398-7888 to schedule an appointment for plasma.
When you donate, please remember to eat a good meal, drink plenty of water, and bring a photo I.D.
Give the gift that lasts a lifetime! Donate Blood!