Mentorship orientation dates: Sept. 26, Oct. 17, Nov. 29
King County’s Mentoring Orientation Program is a half-day session designed to prepare you for your mentorship experience. You will attend this session with your partner to learn more about yourself as a mentee or mentor, and you will create the foundation of your mentoring relationship. You will work to uncover your strengths and challenges and identify the topic for your first mentoring session. You will brush up on listening and feedback skills and you will have your first mentoring session. The goal of this session to provide you with a solid foundation that supports your ongoing mentorship conversations.
By the end of this session, you will:
- Uncover your strengths and challenges and identify a topic for your first mentoring session
- Learn more about your Mentor or Mentee
- Lay the foundation for a successful mentoring relationship
You can register on Eventbrite, with the following prerequisites in mind:
- You must attend the King County Mentorship (Lunch-n-Learn) before you can register for this orientation program.
- You must complete the pre-work for this program. The pre-work will be emailed to you prior to the program.
- Attendance with your mentor/mentee is required to attend this session.
For questions or more information, email KCMentoring@KingCounty.gov.