Tips to keep cool
- Keep window blinds or curtains closed when outdoor temperatures skyrocket. This reduces indoor temps and reduces the strain on the HVAC equipment.
- Keep windows and doors closed in locations with HVAC.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- The county recommends against using indoor fans, as they can create “hot zones” in other places in the building and can create a fire hazard. Please don’t block or manipulate air vents or returns.
- Dress in layers to manage varying temperatures.
- The County standard for building temperature range is 70-74 degrees.
- Minimize extended time outside.
Read more from DES Express