Help stop the spread of novel coronavirus
With the announcement of new cases of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and the loss of five lives in King County, it is critical that we each do our part to stop the spread of the virus.
Public Health – Seattle & King County has issued the following advice, and will continue to update you as advice changes:
- Do not go to the emergency room unless essential.Emergency rooms need to be able to serve those with the most critical needs. If you have symptoms like cough, fever, or other respiratory problems, contact your regular doctor first.
- Stay home when sick and avoid close contact with others. Please ensure you discuss absences with your supervisors and follow your department’s sick leave policies
- Practice excellent personal hygiene habits, including handwashing, coughing into tissue or elbow, avoid touching eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Stay away from people who are ill, especially if you are 60 and older or have underlying health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, lung disease, or a weakened immune system.
- Stay informed. Information is changing frequently. Check and subscribe to Public Health’s website (kingcounty.gov/COVID) or blog (www.publichealthinsider.com).
You will soon see these “Stop Germs, Stay Healthy!” posters appearing in your facilities to remind you and visitors to practice excellent personal hygiene habits. They are available in English and Spanish.
We will continue to monitor this situation and provide additional updates as new information becomes available.