Supporting Latinx Heritage Month through the 2020 Annual Giving Drive
As we celebrate Latinx Heritage Month from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, we’re highlighting four nonprofits participating in the Annual Giving Drive whose work supports Latinx, Hispanic, and Latino-identified communities in our region:
- Casa Latina (9307): Empowers Latino immigrants through employment, education, & community organizing toward the full participation of the Latino community in the economy & democracy of this country.
- El Centro de la Raza (9349): Human & Emergency Services (food, housing, etc.), Child & Youth programs (college readiness, academic achievement, etc.), & Education/Asset-building programs (employment, etc.)
- Latino Community Fund of Washington State (9652): Cultivates new leaders, supports cultural and community based non-profit organizations, and improves the quality of life for all Washingtonians.
- Seattle Latino Film Festival (9963): Film festival bringing audiences and filmmakers together for an educational experience and to support the magic of filmmaking as part the global Hispanic culture.
There are hundreds of nonprofits working on the causes you care about that you can support in this year’s campaign. Find out the many ways that you can take action in support of the participating nonprofits who are doing great work in our community and around the world.
- Payroll donation: One-time, once–per-month, or twice-per-month.
- Time donation: Eligible vacation or comp time. See your department Lead Ambassador for details in your office.
- Check or credit card: Made out directly to the nonprofit.
- Volunteering: Up to three sick days per calendar year at a nonprofit in the EGP (for non-represented and employees whose union has approved this benefit, including those covered by the Master Labor Agreement).