Show your support for Latinx Heritage Month through the 2020 Annual Giving Drive
Latinx Heritage Month may be drawing to a close, but there are many opportunities to support nonprofits participating in the Annual Giving Drive whose work supports Latinx, Hispanic, and Latino-identified communities. Today we’ve highlighted four more nonprofits participating in this year’s campaign:
- Centro Cultural Guanín, Inc (0990): Our mission is to provide a safe and supportive environment where youth can experience new opportunities, overcome barriers, build positive relationships, develop confidence, and cultivate skills for life in the Dominican-Haitian community.
- Colectiva Legal del Pueblo (9918): We are a non-hierarchical collective founded by and for undocumented immigrants working to build a more inclusive movement for migrant justice through legal services and organizing.
- Entre Hermanos (9626): To support the Latinx LGBTQ community in a culturally appropriate environment through disease prevention, education, support services, advocacy and community building.
- Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (2851): MALDEF fights for the civil rights of Latinos living in our country. Please help remove the unfair obstacles and provide all Latinos with a voice.
There are hundreds of nonprofits working on the causes you care about that you can support in this year’s campaign. Find out the many ways that you can take action in support of the participating nonprofits who are doing great work in our community and around the world.
- Payroll donation: One-time, once–per-month, or twice-per-month.
- Time donation: Eligible vacation or comp time. See your department Lead Ambassador for details in your office.
- Check or credit card: Made out directly to the nonprofit.
- Volunteering: Up to three sick days per calendar year at a nonprofit in the EGP (for non-represented and employees whose union has approved this benefit, including those covered by the Master Labor Agreement).