Supporting animal welfare through the 2020 Annual Giving Drive
This week, we are highlighting nonprofits whose work supports animal welfare. These and hundreds of nonprofits are participating in this year’s Annual Giving Drive.
- Best Friends Animal Society (5007): For 30+ years, we’ve run the nation’s largest no-kill sanctuary for companion animals and built effective programs reducing the number of animals entering shelters.
- Eastside Audubon (994): We work to protect birds, other wildlife, and our community’s natural resources through education, advocacy, community science, and habitat restoration.
- Marine Mammal Center (2792): Thousands of orphaned, sick and injured marine mammals would have died if not for our state-of-the-art animal care and research facilities, dedicated volunteers, and you.
Find out the many ways that you can take action in support of the participating nonprofits who are doing great work in our community and around the world. Make a donation, make a difference, and help make a long-lasting change.
- Payroll donation: One-time, once–per-month, or twice-per-month.
- Time donation: Eligible vacation or comp time. See your department Lead Ambassador for details in your office.
- Check or credit card: Made out directly to the nonprofit.
- Volunteering: Up to three sick days per calendar year at a nonprofit in the EGP (for non-represented and employees whose union has approved this benefit, including those covered by the Master Labor Agreement).