Prepare now for winter weather
As we approach winter, now is a great time to ensure you are well-prepared for an emergency or inclement weather at home or work.
Taking a few steps now to plan ahead will give you peace of mind and help you make good decisions in an emergency:
- There are many online resources that you can use to make sure you and your family have what you need to Make it Through an emergency – from an extended power outage to a more severe event. Please take personal preparedness seriously.
- If your child is attending school or daycare in-person, learn about their school or daycare policies and procedures for possible early release and facility closures.
- Locate flashlights, radio, and extra batteries should you experience a power outage at home.
- Store non-perishable meals for your family that don’t require a stove-top, microwave, or oven to prepare, and keep plenty of bottled water on hand.
- Make sure pets have appropriate shelter to stay warm and safe.
- Get more tips, utility contacts, and weather preparedness checklists at www.takewinterbystorm.org.
Always have a plan if you need to commute in inclement weather, dress warmly, and let safety be your guide when making travel decisions.