Stay informed in inclement weather
Getting timely, accurate information in an emergency or inclement weather event is critical. Make sure you’re getting the latest King County information on how you are affected, at work and at home:
- KCInform: Make sure you can be reached in a major emergency. If you haven’t yet registered your County provided mobile phones and employees personal contact information in KCInform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org anytime or 206-296-3830 between 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday to request your unique registration link. Watch this short video to learn more or visit our website.
- Call the Employee Hotline—206-205-8600 (save it to your phone now).
- Check your King County email for specific directives and updates. Log on at outlook.kingcounty.gov.
- Contact your supervisor for instructions.
- Visit kcemployees.com for the latest employee information.
- Follow King County on Twitter—@kcemployees, @KingCountyWA, and @kcmetrobus.
- Check your agency website or Intranet (if applicable).
- Visit the Emergency News page at www.kcemergency.com for regional impacts and monitor local media channels.
HR Policies: When an agency remains open, but conditions prevent you from reporting to work or from reporting on time, notify your supervisor as soon as possible. You may request leave, subject to approval by your supervisor. If you have no leave accrued, your supervisor may approve leave without pay to cover absences. Sick leave may not be used. Refer to HR Bulletin 2011-0009 County Operations During Emergency Situations and Inclement Weather (Sheriff’s Office employees refer to KCSO Inclement Weather Policy. Superior Court and District Court employees please check court policies).
Always have a plan if you need to commute in inclement weather, dress warmly, and let safety be your guide when making travel decisions.