New process for voluntarily providing vaccination information
On June 30, Executive Constantine announced the next phase in our COVID-19 pandemic, which includes updated requirements for wearing masks and a new process for employees to voluntarily provide vaccination information.
If an employee chooses to do so, the employee can provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by either:
- Initiating the COVID-19 Vaccination Declaration process through their NEOGOV Dashboard (click on Dashboard > Forms > COVID-19 Vaccination Declaration) and attaching a copy of an official document (see list below), OR
- Showing one of the following to an HR professional or other designated department representative:
- their actual vaccination card, or a photo or a copy of it,
- a copy of their state vaccine record, or
- a verified medical record.
Departments will not keep copies of vaccination cards, state vaccine records, or vaccine medical records; however, they will document that the employee has been vaccinated, which vaccination was received (Pfizer, Moderna, or Johnson & Johnson), and the last date of the vaccination.
As a reminder, the County’s updated mask requirements for Executive Branch employees are:
- If you have provided verified proof of full vaccination to your HR Manager or their designee, you are not required to wear a mask when working indoors or outdoors, unless you are required to wear masks while working under the state and CDC guidance due to the nature of your work. Employees who are still required to wear masks in their work settings include those in correctional facilities, homeless shelters, schools, public transportation, long-term care, and healthcare settings.
- If you have not provided verified proof of full vaccination to your HR Manager or their designee, you are required to wear a mask when working indoors, outdoors, and in an enclosed space with others (for example, multiple people in a vehicle). The only time you do not need to wear a mask is if you are working at least six feet from others outdoors.
If you have any questions, please contact your department’s HR Manager.