Supporting veterans and military organizations through the 2021 Annual Giving Drive
As part of the 2021 Annual Giving Drive, we are highlighting nonprofits whose work supports organizations committed to veterans and military issues. These and hundreds of nonprofits are participating in this year’s Annual Giving Drive.
- Hitching Rail Wellness Center and Retreat (10019) – Provides a center which utilizes horses as a curative tool for helping the recovery of military veterans and first responders who are suffering from P.T.S.D.
- Operation Restored Warrior (4186) – Healing veterans of PTSD through a life-changing five-day program at no cost to the veteran. Led by combat veterans.
- USO Northwest (9585) – The mission of the USO is to strengthen America’s military service members by keeping them connected to family, home and country, throughout their service to the nation.
- Payroll donation: One-time, once–per-month, or twice-per-month.
- Time donation: Eligible vacation or comp time. See your department Lead Ambassador for details in your office.
- Check or credit card: Made out directly to the nonprofit.
- Volunteering: Up to three sick days per calendar year at a nonprofit in the EGP (for non-represented and employees whose union has approved this benefit, including those covered by the Master Labor Agreement).