Update on protests in response to Supreme Court ruling
With today’s ruling by the Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, a number of large-scale protests will take place in our region beginning today.
Several protests are planned, including:
- Westlake Park in downtown Seattle today and tomorrow at 5 p.m.
- Federal Building at 915 Second Avenue at 5 p.m. today
- Yesler Terrace Park at 5 p.m. today
- Redmond Downtown Park at 5 p.m. today.
Additional protests may also take place. Please expect disruptions to traffic in and around the downtown core. Be prepared for these impacts and allow extra time when you travel. Please check with your supervisor for specific information or instructions for your work unit. Any alternate work arrangements must be approved by your supervisor.
We value and respect the peaceful expression of political views and people exercising their First Amendment rights. Employees who are scheduled to work and wish to attend any of the protest events must follow their department’s appropriate leave policies and take leave with the approval of their supervisor. For more information on your department’s leave policies, please refer to your Human Resources Manager.
Resources for Commuters
- Sign up for Metro Transit Alerts (text and email) and follow @kcmetroalerts for Twitter alerts
- Sign up for King County Road Alerts (text and email) and follow @kcroads for Twitter alerts
- Sign up for King County Water Taxi Alerts (text and email) and follow @kcmetroalerts for Twitter alerts
- Visit the King County My Commute page.
(Featured image of Westlake Park courtesy of Seattle Parks and Recreation)