To celebrate Indigenous Peoples’ Day, consider these Indigenous organizations during our Annual Giving Drive
By the King County Office of Equity and Social Justice
King County’s Annual Giving Drive (AGD) is underway through Nov. 18. To celebrate Indigenous Peoples’ Day, consider supporting causes and nonprofits that serve Indigenous people and are Indigenous led.
Indigenous organizations know best what they need to prosper and thrive, and have the knowledge, ability, and right to determine the solutions that serve their communities best.
Utilize the list below to learn more about Indigenous organizations serving Indigenous youth, education, cultural assets, health, the environment and more, and how these organizations and contributing to building the strength of local and regional American Indian, Alaska Native, and Indigenous communities.
- 0963 Duwamish Longhouse and Cultural Center 91-1122115 4705 W Marginal Way SW, Seattle, WA 98106 https://www.duwamishtribe.org We focus on local Duwamish heritage Preservation, Cultural Education, School Tours, environmental and social justice initiatives that promote understanding of the Duwamish people. Real Rent Duwamish is also an initiative of the Duwamish Tribe. Community Served: American Indian, Alaskan Native
- 9835 United Indians of All Tribes Foundation 91-0889016 5011 Bernie Whitebear Way, Seattle, WA 98199 https://www.unitedindians.org We provide culturally appropriate social, educational, and cultural services to American Indians & Alaska Natives in western WA, and community-wide cultural events and activities. Community Served: American Indian, Alaskan Native
- 2746 American Indian College Fund 52-1573446 8333 Greenwood Blvd, Denver, CO 80221 https://www.collegefund.org Native Americans account for only 1% of college students. Scholarships/program support. Let’s reimagine what’s possible for our students.
- 9443 Chief Seattle Club 91-0852503 410 2nd Ave Extension S, Seattle, WA 98104 https://www.chiefseattleclub.org Chief Seattle Club is a 501(c)(3) registered organization dedicated to physically and spiritually supporting urban American Indian and Alaska Native people. Community Served: American Indian, Alaskan Native
- 380 Seattle Indian Health Board 91-0869056 611 12th Ave S, Seattle, WA 98144 https://www.sihb.org Provides primary care for American Indian/Alaska Natives in King County including medical, dental, chemical dependency, mental health, DV case management, youth & elders services. Community Served: American Indian, Alaskan Native
- 10805 Innovations Human Trafficking Collaborative 81-4680515 3545 7th Ave SW Ste #305, Olympia, WA 98502 https://www.innovationshtc.org/ Indigenous survivor-led org engaging stakeholders in innovative solutions to eliminate human trafficking & empowering survivors to heal & build self-sufficient, affirming lives. Community Served: American Indian, Alaskan Native
- 10909 Sound Works Job Center 91-1415881 PO Box 2019, Poulsbo, WA 98370 https://www.homepagesdonobi.net/soundw Sound works Provides free professional employment assistance for Veterans, low-income and homeless individuals such as professional resumes, interview training, and job counseling. Community Served: American Indian, Alaskan Native
- 9827 Snohomish County Music Project 91-1204042 1702 Pacific Ave, Everett, WA 98201 https://www.scMusicProject.org Fostering individual and communal wellbeing through anti-oppressive and traumainformed music therapy. Community Served: American Indian, Alaskan Native
- 9604 Sound Salmon Solutions 91-1484389 712 3rd St Ste B, Mukilteo, WA 98275 https://www.soundsalmonsolutions.org Connecting you with our watersheds for the future of salmon through state-of-the-art habitat restoration, interactive education, and hands-on stewardship opportunities. Community Served: American Indian, Alaskan Native
- 2786 American Indian Youth Running Strong 54-1594578 8301 Richmond Highway Ste 200, Alexandria, VA 22309 https://indianyouth.org/ Providing relief, development to Indian Reservations. Teaching traditional life skills, healthy lifestyles, respect for Mother Earth
For more information on King County’s overall Annual Giving Drive campaign, visit the website.