Supporting people living with disabilities through the 2022 Annual Giving Drive
As part of the 2022 Annual Giving Drive, we are highlighting nonprofits whose work supports people living with disabilities. These and hundreds of nonprofits are participating in this year’s Annual Giving Drive.
- Hearing, Speech and Deaf Center (HSDC) (9267): Working together with people who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech differences through advocacy, early education, audiology, speech therapy, and ASL interpreting.
- Canine Partners for Life (5085): Service & companion dogs are professionally & custom trained to enable persons with physical, developmental, & cognitive disabilities to become more independent.
- Autism Speaks, Pacific Northwest (4083): Promotes solutions for needs of individuals with autism and families; increasing ASD acceptance and research into causes and better interventions.
- Community Homes, Inc (5720): Creating rich, full lives for adults with developmental disabilities by providing and promoting quality, community-based housing and services.
- Outdoors for All Foundation (2797): Enriches the lives of 3,000 children and adults with disabilities through outdoor recreation thanks to the support of over 800 volunteers.
You can go online or use a paper form by Friday, Nov. 18, to make a pledge to your favorite Employee Giving Program nonprofits by:
- Payroll donation: One-time, once–per-month, or twice-per-month.
- Time donation: Eligible vacation or comp time. See your department Lead Ambassador for details in your office.
- Check or credit card: Made out directly to the nonprofit.
- Volunteering: Up to three sick days per calendar year at a nonprofit in the EGP (for non-represented and employees whose union has approved this benefit, including those covered by the Master Labor Agreement).
For more information, contact your Employee Giving Program Ambassador, visit www.kingcounty.gov/giving, email EmployeeGiving@KingCounty.gov, call 206-263-9372, or attend an online Nonprofit Expo.