Open Enrollment for your 2016 King County benefits takes place Nov. 1 – 15. This is your opportunity to evaluate your benefit choices and select the right options for you and your family for next year.
Learn about your 2016 benefits
Your benefits package was designed with your continued health, financial security, and well-being in mind. Use the following resources to learn about your 2016 benefits—and what’s changing for next year:
- Open Enrollment mailer sent to your home
- King County Open Enrollment web page
- Recorded phone messages about important benefit topics: 1-800-347-8046
Choose what’s right for you
Open Enrollment is your opportunity to:
- Select the appropriate Benefit Access Fee—or exception—if covering a spouse or domestic partner on your medical plan next year.
- Enroll in a Health Care or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Change medical plans.
- Add or discontinue dependent coverage.
- View your Healthy IncentivesSM color level for next year’s out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Add, increase, decrease, or discontinue supplemental AD&D insurance.
- Decrease or discontinue supplemental life insurance.
- Discontinue supplemental long-term disability insurance.
- Contribute to the Employee Giving Program during the Annual Giving Drive.
Make your elections
When you’re ready, sign in to PeopleSoft and select My Benefits, then Open Enrollment. When you’re done, use the Final Submit button and sign out. Your new elections become effective Jan. 1, 2016.
If you don’t make benefit elections during Open Enrollment, your current elections automatically continue for next year—except your FSAs and your Benefit Access Fee, which must be selected each year.
If you need help with your online Open Enrollment, contact:
Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations
Chinook Building, 401 Fifth Ave., 2nd Floor, Seattle
206-684-1556 or KC Benefits
9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday (closed on Veterans Day, Nov. 11)