Welcome to Open Enrollment!
Take a fresh look at your benefits
Make the most of your robust King County employee benefits package by making informed decisions for next year during Open Enrollment, Nov. 1 – 15.
Use the following resources to learn more, and ensure you are selecting the right benefit options for you and your family:
- See what’s changing next year.
- Register for a live Open Enrollment information session.
- Watch the Open Enrollment Overview
- Find out about the updated PeopleSoft Open Enrollment tool: Watch the Completing Open Enrollment with PeopleSoft video or read the Open Enrollment PeopleSoft Guide.
- Go to the Open Enrollment website.
- Evaluate your medical plan options using the Plan Comparison Charts and other resources on the Medical plans Consider whether one of the lower-cost plans—Kaiser’s SmartCare or KingCare Select—makes sense for you.
- Review the Benefit Access Fee associated with your medical plan if you cover a spouse or domestic partner. If you qualify for an exemption, you must confirm this each year during Open Enrollment. The Kaiser SmartCare medical plan has no Benefit Access Fees.
- Consider enrolling in a Flexible Spending Account—Health Care and Dependent Day Care FSAs save you money by reducing your taxable income. You must re-enroll every year during Open Enrollment.
- Add or drop family members from coverage.
- Give to the Employee Giving Program during the Annual Giving Drive. Pledges do not rollover—you must submit your pledge each year.
When you’re ready, login to PeopleSoft Nov. 1 – 15, and select the new Open Enrollment tile. Make your changes, review your Preview Statement, then use the Submit Enrollment button.
If you don’t participate in Open Enrollment…
- The Benefit Access Fee associated with your medical plan and benefit group will be automatically applied if you cover your spouse or eligible domestic partner.
- You will not be enrolled in a Flexible Spending Account.
- Your other benefit choices will remain the same for next year.
Need assistance or have questions?
Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations
206-684-1556 or KC Benefits
9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday (closed Veterans Day, Nov. 11)
Extended Hours: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 1 & Sunday, Nov. 15
Due to COVID-19, the Benefits office is closed for walk-in service.