What are the benefits of getting a COVID-19 vaccine?
Getting vaccinated against COVID-19 is not only important in protecting you from contracting the virus, but you are also helping to protect your family, friends, co-workers, and customers, especially those who may be at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19 and those who cannot be vaccinated.
COVID-19 vaccination will help you from getting sick or seriously ill with COVID-19.
- It helps protect you by teaching your body’s immune system to fight the virus without having to experience a COVID-19 infection.
- In the clinical trials, the COVID-19 vaccines that are currently available were found to be highly effective in protecting people from COVID-19.
COVID-19 vaccine will be an important tool to help stop the pandemic.
- Getting vaccinated will help to protect you, your friends and family, and other people in the community from COVID-19.
- The combination of getting vaccinated and following public health recommendations will offer the best protection from COVID-19 at this time.
- Wearing masks and social distancing help reduce your chance of being exposed to the virus or spreading it to others, but these measures alone are not enough. Vaccines will work with your immune system so it will be ready to fight the virus if you are exposed.
Over time, as more people are vaccinated, we may no longer need some of the other COVID-19 prevention measures that are necessary at this time.
If you haven’t already been vaccinated, you can find out where to get your vaccine and find answers to your questions at www.kingcounty.gov/vaccine. All King County Executive branch employees must be fully vaccinated by Oct. 18, 2021.
This information is courtesy of Public Health – Seattle & King County.