The CFJC Youth Action Team is now accepting applications
The Children and Family Justice Center (CFJC) Youth Action Team is an opportunity for young people ages 14 thru 18, from a variety of backgrounds, to come together to find and share their voices as it relates to community resources, planning, and engagement.
Who can apply?
- King county youth, ages 14 thru 18. No previous experience needed to be a member, only a willingness to get involved.
- Must possess a passion for taking an active approach to create a united community within King County.
- The Youth Action Team meets at the Child & Family Justice Center at 1211 E. Alder Street in Seattle or via Zoom. Special events will be held within the King County area.
- Meetings will be held once or twice per month on a weekday that works best for the group.
- Upon completion of your commitment, each participant will receive an incentive.
How to apply: To be considered for the Youth Action Team, applicants must complete and submit the online application form.
The Youth Action Team has four main parts:
- Youth voice: Discuss solutions to community issues impacting youth and formulate ideas to address current issues.
- Gain skills and knowledge: Participate in monthly meetings, gain knowledge around civic engagement, plan effective outreach campaigns, fundraising, grant writing and leadership skills.
- Organize and facilitate community engagement events: Host community conversation events about important topics in our community and participate in planning for an expanding community resource center.
- Learn about juvenile justice operations and system change: Partner with Juvenile Court staff, the Prosecuting Attorney’s, Defense Attorney’s, and Judges’ offices to learn about how superior courts operate and the decision-making processes associated with community services and needs. Gain connections with Juvenile Court Services Leadership to help in future endeavors and opportunities.
If you have any questions or just want to learn more about the Youth Action Team, please contact Robert Gant at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-477-0041. Please feel free to share this with young people who may be interested.