Reminder on measures to reduce spread of COVID-19
With the rapid rise in cases of the Omicron COVID-19 variant, employees are reminded that several measures remain in place to slow the spread of the virus:
- Operations that require employees to be onsite will have KN95 or N95 masks available for all employees. Find out more about using these masks in this Public Health article on improving the quality and fit of your mask.
- Employees who are currently telecommuting should continue to do so where possible and not go into the office unless necessary and approved by their supervisor.
- Non-essential in-person gatherings should be canceled until further notice. Employees should work with supervisors and use good judgment about which meetings should continue to be conducted in person and limit the number of people present where possible. Conduct meetings using Teams, Zoom or teleconferencing where practical.
- In-person customer services that are currently suspended will remain so, except where there is an operational need to shift to in-person service.
- All employees and visitors must continue to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status.
Employees are also encouraged to make an appointment for a booster shot as soon as they are eligible. Booster shots have been shown to greatly improve protection against COVID-19, including the Omicron and Delta variants. To schedule a COVID-19 vaccine booster, visit www.kingcounty.gov/vaccine or use the Washington State Department of Health’s vaccine locator to check out your options and get on a waitlist.
With the exercise of reasonable caution, we can help slow the spread of this variant and protect our coworkers whose jobs necessitate they be onsite.