A reminder that applications for the Equity and Social Justice Opportunity Fund are due on September 1.
The ESJ Opportunity Fund is a competitive process run by the Office of Equity and Social Justice that provides resources to King County employees to develop and implement projects that work to advance equity and social justice and that complements the ESJ Strategic Plan. For the 2017-2018 biennium, there is a total of $100,000 in one-time funds available and grants ranging from $500 to $7,500 will be awarded to projects that the Funding Committee determines best the outlined criteria.
While criteria for the 2017-2018 fund have changed, a few examples of previously funded projects include:
- Equity in Hiring People with Disabilities Symposium
- ESJ Movie Night in White Center
- Spanish Language Books for Infants and Toddlers
- Strategies for Resolving Cultural Bumps in Public Health and Prevention
- Cultivating a Culture of ESJ through Literature and Poetry Event
Click here for the 2017-2018 Opportunity Fund Overview and here for the 2017-2018 Opportunity Fund Application which is due on or before September 1, 2017.
If you have questions about the application or the process, please reach out to Tynishia Walker at email@example.com or at 206-263-0534.