Basic Data Visualization: Our ability to gather and collect data has steadily increased over the past decade. But data alone is not information and does not easily convey a compelling story. This half-day introductory course will allow participants to:
- Understand why data visualization is important
- Explore ways to tell a story with data
- Mock up data visualizations in whiteboard exercises, using tips explored in class
Participants have the option of bringing their own measures to the training to review in small teams. Examples throughout the class will focus on performance measurement, although the data visualization tips are more broadly applicable.
What this training is NOT:
- A technical training on building visualizations in Excel, Tableau, Power BI, or Oracle BI Insights
- An advanced business Intelligence or dashboard tools training
- A training on how to build a tier board or round at a tier board
- An infographics training
The training takes place Tuesday, Aug. 14, 8:30 a.m. to noon at the King County Administration Building. Click on the above link to learn more and register before the sessions fill up, and visit Learning and Development on KingCounty.gov to learn more about trainings and other opportunities to invest in YOU!