Training Spotlight: Stories that Engage – Shaping Workplace Culture One Story at a Time
Our work culture is perfectly organized to give us the results we are currently experiencing. What if people seem to be disengaged, apathetic, or actively undermining a productive workplace? Without awareness, our natural storytelling talents can create a toxic culture of drama and dysfunction. But, with intent, we can shape stories that build psychological and emotional engagement. In this interactive, one-day class, attendees will:
- Learn why people disengage from work.
- Learn how to tap into the power of voice to connect with what we care about.
- Learn five tools to shape our stories with purpose.
- Explore the story-making process.
- Learn to describe the attributes of effective storytelling.
- Learn to shape stories to help you, your co-workers, and your organization engage for better results.
The training session is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 12, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in room 560 of the Administration Building.