Retirement plan transfer opportunity
Each January, certain members of Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS) Plan 2 have the opportunity to transfer to PERS Plan 3. You are eligible to transfer to Plan 3 if you meet all of the following criteria:
- You enrolled in PERS Plan 2 before Sept. 1, 2002.
- You are currently in an eligible position.
- You will earn service credit in January.
- Use the resources on the DRS website to help you decide if transferring to Plan 3 is right for you.
- Complete a DRS Member Transfer Form
- Return it to the King County Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations office during the month of January: Chinook Building, 2nd Floor, CNK-ES-0230, 401 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104.
- If you transfer to PERS Plan 3, you cannot return to PERS Plan 2. You should see the change on your payment advice in February 2020.
For more information, visit the DRS website or call DRS at 360-664-7000 or 800-547-6657.