Employee Benefits 2023 Open Enrollment is Nov. 1-15
Find out about new benefit options for 2023
Most employees have three new important benefit options to consider for next year. Use the following information and resources to help you make decisions for you and your family during Open Enrollment, Nov. 1–15. To see all of the changes for your employee benefit group, go to: 2023 Benefit Changes.
Supplemental Life changes
If you are in the Regular or the Transit ATU 587 Full-time Full-benefits group, you have the following options for supplemental life insurance. Note: Supplemental Life is in addition to the Basic Life insurance provided by King County.
- During Open Enrollment, you have a one-time opportunity to increase your current employee supplemental life coverage amount by 1x your annual salary (up to $400,000) without providing medical information.
- If you are not currently enrolled in supplemental life, you can enroll this year during Open Enrollment, subject to a medical questionnaire and approval.
- Employee coverage amounts have increased: You can now elect up to 6x your annual salary, up to a maximum of $750,000. Medical information, also called Evidence of Insurability, may be required.
New KingCare Select network—Virginia Mason Franciscan Health
The KingCare Select medical plan is now offering a fourth network option: Virginia Mason Franciscan Health. This network features:
- 900 primary care providers, 10,000 specialists, and nine hospitals.
- Serves King, Pierce, and Kitsap counties.
- Adult and pediatric behavioral health services.
- Lower copays, deductibles, and out-of-pocket costs than the traditional KingCare PPO plan and NO Benefit Access Fees.
Second dental plan choice: Cigna Dental HMO
If you are in the Regular or the Transit ATU 587 employee benefit group, you now have a second dental plan choice: Cigna Dental HMO. Plan highlights:
- You choose a network dentist who manages your overall dental care.
- No deductible and no annual maximum benefit.
- Fixed dollar amounts for services.
- Two years of orthodontia treatment covered at a flat rate of $2,049 for kids and $2,553 for adults.
The following resources are available to provide more information and answer your questions:
- Benefit & Retirement Fairs
- Online Open Enrollment Information Sessions
- Open Enrollment Website
- Open Enrollment Overview Video
- Benefits, Payroll and Retirement Operations
Now open for walk-up service!
Chinook Building, 2nd Floor
401 Fifth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104
206-684-1556 or KC Benefits
9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday
Closed on Veterans Day: Nov. 11.