King County employees and one guest will get free admission to Emerald Downs Racetrack on Sunday, August 13, which features the 82nd running of the Longacres Mile, activities for children and displays showcasing the array of agricultural goods produced in King County.
Employees must show their King County ID at any of the 12 gates which will provide an employee and one guest tickets that include free admission, Official program, and chips and soda. Children 17 and under get in free.
This year’s Longacres Mile (Grade III) is the 82nd running, with a purse of $200,000. Horses from all over the country ship in to try to win this very prestigious race. In addition to the Mile, there will be the Pete Petersen Overnight Stakes for $25,000; the King County Overnight Stakes for $25,000 and the Emerald Distaff for $65,000. There will be free pony rides, bounce house and more in the park for kids.
Emerald Downs will also celebrate King County’s agricultural sector with displays and demonstrations.
- 9:30 a.m. Gates typically open for simulcast races
- 12:30 p.m. Newcomers Center/Customer Service and Concession Stands open
- 1 p.m. First Race
- 7 p.m. Approximate conclusion of racing.
Parking: Free general parking with shuttle service to the building | Valet $20 | Preferred Parking $10
Seating: There are lots of seats, umbrella tables and benches available on a first come, first serve basis
- Paid seating options (reservations may be made two weeks in advance, starting at 9 a.m. on July 30). Please call customer service at (253) 288-7711
- Grandstand seats $10
- Box seats (with cocktail and limited menu service) $40 for a 4-seat box; and $60 for a 6-seat box
- Restaurant reservations (full service restaurant with your table reserved for you through the race day)
Directions: Physical address is 2300 Ron Crockett Drive, Auburn 98001. Click here for directions.
Sound Transit: Plan your transit commute.